Thursday, July 2, 2009

a little bit of this and that in valpo

the weather remains unpredictable and therefore entertaining. there was an all-day long downpour two days ago, which made you feel sad for all the free-spirited but sickly looking dogs here. even when they drag themselves to the middle of road to empty the sick content of their bowels exactly THERE.
but I was talking about the weather. glorious sun today so we went to the beach, with the idea of exercise. The air smells of sea and everything is pretty much "nordsee" to me, although it is the pacific. on the way back we pass a monton of pretty witches`houses, derelict, with bays and corroding roofs, overgrown gardens, simply fetching. one house even had an old lady watching us secretly behind her gardine.
seƱora viviana, owner of the house, continues to show her motherly affection. Fortunately, Rodrigo is her main target. To me, it can be quite amusing. when she is around, he always has to do stuff and answer her questions. (But then, I sometimes have to answer questions too. there was the remarkable incident with a towel-lady, who asked me whether my father permitted me to live with a man..) She is a dentist and doing his teeth as well, or rather, something with his teeth, I didn`t quite understand the details of this explanation. She told us, in her usual fluttery non-stop style, that her son was having "la gripa famosa", which was freaky until new information arrived, the son had only been vaccinated against that famous flu...

No comments:

Post a Comment