Tuesday, December 9, 2008

binging

melbourne - what's not to love?? seriously, if this city didn't exist, it needed to be invented: loads of cosy cute cafes, cake and CHOCOLATE shops, terrific restaurants, bakeries and coffeeshops - both French AND German AND Italian, i.e. all the good nations: those that appreciate bread and coffee! -, cheap sushi everywhere;
at every corner there are cutest Victorian houses (to add something not food related..). The atmosphere is like Berlin back in the days (yes, I feel entitled to say stuff like that) or how london seemed to me when I was fourteen: like a fairy tale come alive
AND there are great cinemas and art related festivals, design shops - I could stay here forever!
- oh yes, moreover, they have seasons, sometimes all four in a day! and you do start to miss a bit of cold after sometime.. yes yes I can see your eyebrows raising all the way up to the sky, but what I MEAN is if it's hot all the time, you need to stay and be in shape all the time.. how exhausting! there's no cover for the belly after all that chocolate...
AND there are wineries all around - I'm going to get bloody wasted in a posh way tomorrow; it's called yarra valley winery tour ;)
--
ah that was one of the best days EVER! getting properly hammered by drinking wine at 10.30 in the morning, that is my thing! I definitely need to repeat this! I didn't mind any stupid people in the group, and finally I understood what all the deal was about with the slurping and the spitting... and I loved the whites, contrary to my drinking habits - so I did learn something! I even bought a bottle of chardonnay that had not been oaked or something (that was at the second to last winery we visited, so things got a bit blurry, but I know it tasted great!)..
then I went to the movies. since I arrived in melbourne I have watched about a movie a day, which greatly improves my mood...
and I'm glad to take the train outta here on saturday, otherwise I'd have to roll myself out, I'm in culinary and olfactory overdrive...

No comments:

Post a Comment