Friday, December 12, 2008

the one with all the pictures


okay, I know I'm going overboard with the Uluru pictures. but think of it this way: all the pictures you are looking at now, you don't have to look at later ;)




and the crowning event, our puncture...

great ocean road, london bridge and the 12 Apostels (actually it's 8 or something, depending on your tour guide..)


jump! jump! (I'm an abysmal jumper)in front of a lighthouse that is famous in some british soap...

This is Melbourne
...)



Here I am in a coffee place, binging away at tiny glasses with citron mousse and a hint of mint and strawberry or Nut-fudge vanilla chocolate cakes, when I see... Ian!To prove this, I took pictures of unknown men in public places. here!


signs signs

more signs...female toilet? really??


Alice Springs and Christmas. It's not really doing it for me but it's sweet anyhow.


hand


usually I don't take pictures of random people but after the "experience", I just went along with it. Are the Eighties here or what? Actually I loved that dress on her..



flowers in the desert:


This is King's Canyon and the "beehives"




animal show. everybody's here to see animals. me too, of course. or I go along. anyway, it's fun - as long as it does not involve tracking and daylong "suspension" to see, maybe, eventually, if you looked really sharp but it's already gone, the tail of a half-bird who used to be eaten by the crocodiles who don't live here anymore..
camels

birds


more birds



crocs




cangaroo

an emu

2 comments:

  1. nice "friends" reference here ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read the entire flakes of the world yesterday (sorry about that, you know I was too busy before) and I don't want to pass on the vegetable question. Not sure you still remember it and/or are still interested in answers, but for me it's new so: I don't have an answer to that (yet), but I can at least tell you that my belly looks like a huge pumpkin trying to pass for watermelon.

    As for Melbourne: I absolutely share you feelings here, also really loved to be there and stayed much longer than I planned to.

    Might be embarrassing in one way or another, but I have to ask: Who on earth is Ian?

    ReplyDelete