Thursday, January 22, 2009

hasta luego

You may congratulate me on my first successfully conducted Spanish sentence! it was "Esta con queso?" (I'm pretty sure this is not how it's written (or said in correct grammar) but the vendeuse got it, and so can you!). The response "no, con pisco" threw me off-track however. pisco? isn't that a drink? Ruling out that one, I thought, fish? piscine, pisces, latin roots etc. I'm pretty sure that's not what I was eventually eating.
Chile, or Santiago, so far is comfortably busy, lively, and scarily flirtatious - what will Argentina be like? I thought the Chileans are the shy ones! Other than that I can't say much, having heroically kept awake for the day but at the price of resorting to zombiesk behavior. The flight was pretty terrible - bad bad Lan! good good BA! The most eventful thing happened at the end of "Horton hears a Who" which I stubbornly watched even though it did not put me to sleep. My perseverance was rewarded by a beautiful rendering of "Can't Fight This Feeling Anymore"! The Karaokniks amongst you will appreciate ... well worth watching!
ps
In case you were contemplating the recent lack of pictures in this blog, my camera turned out to be "beyond economical repair." I feel very resentful against "modern technology" right now. First the iPod and the World Adapter, now the camera. a grumpy nike calls it a day now.. finally..!

No comments:

Post a Comment