Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Recap: right now, in Santiago…

A roommate (or a guest or an amigo) is showering while Rodrigo is making eggs, with vapor only. There was a camping cooking set here but we took it to Valparaiso. I will start using it next time the French dreadlock couple with whom we share facilities, completely messes up the kitchen without cleaning up after themselves. The guys of this apartment don´t do cooking. They all work (and eat) in restaurants - with the exception of M., an unemployed actor who doesn´t live here anymore but who comes around when his girl goes to work and he is bored. I dislike his loud, vulgar, chain-smoking and game-playing way, but after all, I am a guest here myself. The other guys are: V, the oldest, a thirtish writer and supervisor in a fancy-schmanzy (Italian) restaurant, with a soft spot for things French and sniffable, extremely well-educated and funny. Kind of a Chilean version of the French comedian Gad Elmaleg.
Then there is C, a sweet guy around my age, who threw out his wife-and-children-beating father when he was 16 and built a house for his mother.
Finally, there is another guy, and there is his brother and I always mix up the two; when they leave separately in the morning, I always get a Groundhog Day – moment: Didn’t you just walk out that door..?
V,C, and M are not sure or decided whether this guy is gay or not, and I am not sure how much this matters to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment