Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Tell me why you are so pretty? - Well, it's that I am a princess!

said that little girl to her mother. I think it's a brilliant answer to a very popular question.

The last weekend I went to another wedding,which was very contrary to the other one en el campo. First of all, the food was good, and a free bar put me in great mood. I also fell asleep on the table at 2 o'clock (my social inhibitions are not what they used to be) but it was relaxed sleep from some nice Pisco Sours, a hearty Cabernet-Carmenére mélange, and some Sex on the beach, just for principle and old time's sake.

groom and friends

sexy shoe pictures


Oh, and the wedding was in a "ceremonies' center" outside of a pueblo, village, outside of Santiago. Fun! About three hours getting there in public transportation! More fun! Bathrooms are inside, everybody else seems to be arriving in cars and in full gear (suit and dresses ranging from something that used to be a flowery nylon tent to really elegant cocktail thingies). Where do we change? I was so exhausted at that point that I would have stripped in front of everybody, as long as I get it done quickly. Luckily, we had a bit more anonymity and scrub cover.

Anyway. The ceremony was as dulce as it can get, with white stuff everywhere and sweetener music, a carriage and a horse, a priest conducting an earnest speech with a microphone. Get up, sit down, pray, get up again. Luckily we arrived late and could linger in the back rows. It's just weird when you don't know anybody there. I decided on a mental cover as being a tester of the organization's services.
Lots of service ushering the guests into position (our waiter was called Kevin and about 17, and it was probably his first day. He was refreshingly morose yet terrified). A program all the time - The barkeeper is juggling bottles in front of a fire! The first dance! The cake! Now more cakes to feed the masses (with service. We can't be trusted to choose our own size of cake) The waiters are making a choreography with meat spears to bombastic music! Fotos taken with every table! Old pictures of the bride and the groom! (People are evil. I knew the bride used to be fat while I didn't even remember her name.)


the unknown now-married couple


So it was fun. A lot more relaxed than the other one. But maybe I'm just getting used to the whole thing.
And in the days afterwards, some posing in Santiago:

1 comment:

  1. Like your skirt! And ah, the weddings... We can't escape at our age ;)

    ReplyDelete