Sunday, January 17, 2010

politics and aspirations


Did any of you ever do this one-post-a-day-blogging month? I think I will try that - yes, I know it was in November but what could be more individualist than to pick your private NaBloMo or what it was called - so I'll do that. not this month though.. maybe the next..

I was thinking of this because it is much harder that it looks to select your brilliantly random from your boringly repetitive ideas. Recently, I had no look in structuring my thoughts, none at all. And I heard that if you are FORCED (well, voluntarily forced) to do this EVERY DAY, you probably learn ways of outtricking procrastination. And also to let go of perfectionism. Write that boring thought.

In this spirit, here are my thoughts of the day.

1. PiƱera won. We don't like that, but I'm not sure about the extent yet. Have to wait and see how immediately different life in Chile will feel with a right-wing opportunist VERY rich president ...

2. I am writing an application, and it is a total nightmare. I sort of forgot about how nightmarish things get when you have a seven-point list of things to hand in, in two languages, plus language certificates and diverse other proofs and credits.
Speaking of the language certificates, I was appalled to learn that after an entry test to study Northern American Studies, 5 or 6 obligatory language classes, half an intermediate exam in English, a full hour of the final exam and the final written exam AND my master thesis being written in English AND a good Toefl test AND studying in the States for a year - they still make me do a goddamn language test.
Yes, on the one hand that is okay, because my rant just now reads like a really annoying person (my tree, my baby, my career). And I can just picture an entirely unimpressed dwarf of a person (sorry, it's my fantasy after all), working a boring office job, looking you in the eye saying, You are able to read after all, right? It says plainly here, no exceptions.
But it is a pain in my private parts to go and get the stupid thing.

That said, wish me luck and press the appropriate fingers, please!


No comments:

Post a Comment