Saturday, January 23, 2010

Recovering


someone I would call The Chilean Dude


Somebody said that in dark/conservative/G.W.B political times, people tend to become introvertive and mind their own business (even more than we do anyway).

Piñera has been elected, and I am still annoyed about it (not that it's my country, but still). Yes, it was foreseeable, but insult is added to injury every time I read another stupid op-ed, such as the LA Times editorial on how the election of a rightist, populist billionaire was proof of the strength of Chilean democracy... Yeah. Sure. Anyway.

So, these last days were for the "Carnival de Valparaíso". The weather was ominously cold and therefore "scenic" or whatever would be the latest slang words among photographers, beautifully shot etc.

So, there:




this was something like a death-theatre-show. really cool, good music too.



everybody's watching...
I must say, I was impressed, and especially taken with the giant puppets - called "monos" (apes) if my treacherous ears have not deceived me (as they do so often...)


Costumes ranged from the more regular...



to the absolutely crazy, logic-defying stuff... it's obviously a very personal distinction..

This was the highlight of everyone who saw it: A paco lets them go wild...!





And here's that scenic light, the afterglow...





No comments:

Post a Comment