Monday, November 10, 2008

Vanity.. (Now, not yet a picture ...)

I'm starting to lie about my age.either my company is in all likelihood younger than me and probably scared by "older women" or I find the combination of "29" and "just finished my studies" too depressing. However, and flatteringly, if I don't lie - or only neglegibly - people are expressing astonishment at the numbers!
I'm not sure whether this is truly a compliment to my (relaxed vacation) looks or rather a bad reflection on my behavior (immature!) or, most likely,the holiday lens speaking and a comment on my company's limited imaginative capacity (a life after 27? I don't believe it..)
It is raining. ALL THE TIME. at least it's warm though. I'm hanging with a Belgian-Dutch clique and last night a completely wasted Scotsman - who is generally sweet and the answer to my Braveheart-questions - was shouting on the porch and half inside the fancy place into which I got invited. I thought it was a nightmare until the morning. He didn't remember at first... Right now I was stuck for five hours at a coffee place because the rain is heavy and incessant, and I don't regret anymore not to have joined the others for diving / which I didn't because of my injuries. There are power problems and there were two (small)fires related to plugs or cabels already.
I keep postponing my trip to Krabi. the weather reports and rumors are steady, contradictory, usually begin with "really,but I heard that..." and concern especially the East-WEst-coast relation and when the wet season is ACTUALLY supposed to be. well, maybe tomorrow..

3 comments:

  1. we-want-pictures! we-want-pictures!

    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. *kabooooom*
    (the sound of my head exploding with curiosity)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @nomsa: i guess i can stop wondering what that "kaboom" was i heard!

    ReplyDelete