Thursday, November 13, 2008

Bojangles

yes yes I know the betwas high on the thorny rose, "I am not a Puma" or "Paul Newman" in Kyrillic (and if I had an extra pair of extremities I would plaster them with these and similar messages) but no. it's tiny tiny and personal. \

and I really wanted to upload a picture now - if only not to ride this self-indulgent theme to death - but this time technology is against me, and I want to tell other things as well...

AFter a raucous party where I met a Harry-Potter-lockalike (from Erfurt which kind of took the steam out of the moment), the Belgian-Dutch-Scottish left for the Full MoonParty in Ko Pha-Ngan,but not before I cleared the table at poker with beginner's luck and a Full House I didn't even realize I had. thus, a perfect pokerface :) Spending my winnings on expensive Island goodies, wiling away in the rain andfeelinglonely and increasingly sick and bored. When my taxi (motorbike) finally showed up, half an hour late, it was to tell me the night ferries were canceled. thus I hectically found an expensive emergency sleeping place and changed tickets. The streets were flooded, the pipes cannot hold the water and my feet kept being reinfected. Accordingly, I slipped and almost fell carrying my backpack. so my big toe was added, for a couple of days, to my other paranoia and disease related occupations.

However!On the boat to Krabi I ran into my diving buddy again who was leaving Ko Pha-Ngang (another island next to Ko Tao and Ko Samui) and he told me on his ferry it was so STUERMISCH that 80 % of the people threw up. one guy's job was only to run around and collect the puke bags...
I arrived late in Krabi -the other side of Thailand's southern coast where, rumors had it, the weather would be better (today was half and half)and checked in something of the local pick-up bar, where rasta draguers that did not look of age asked whether they could call me "my angel" and "honey".. weird.
the last days I spent in Ko Phi Phi, where The Beach was filmed. It's an incredibly beautiful island, it's full to the brim with tourists, not the good kind, many Germans among them; greatweather and happily back now>>

1 comment:

  1. so, if you're not a puma, can I assume it's a "nike" slash? you know, the logo? haha, which would be kinda cool and creepy at the same time. did you know that a lot of Nike executives supposedly have that tattoed?
    http://tiny.cc/kaw7r
    but I guess it's not that so I can only continue biting my nails in anticipation... hope you're good, the health related entries make me worry, so get well soon!

    kisses!

    ReplyDelete