Saturday, October 18, 2008

angkor 2



so far I love cambodia; they have the trees and leaves that I love, people speak English well; and they have supermarkets and bake bread (not baked the British, as in Thailand or a sweetish white bread, as in Lao; this is a culinary mecca after Laos - heavenly banana toffee, tasty Chicken Amok (for some reason I keep thinking of Run Chicken Run).
apart from the 5-star sunsets and the amazing sky every day, the weather has helped me to MAJOR indiana jones moments.
right now however, outside is PAN-DE-MONIUM rain. and I wanted to go out and continue exploring the cuisine.. I'm totally and happily exhausted from 3-days of Angkor, my ass looks as if i'm a member in a spanking club from riding that bike around angkor for two days - the first day I took the tub-tuk but I couldn't stand it. apart from the price and the colonial-imperialist vibe to the arrangement, the driver had only big tour or little tour in store and that didn't suit my individualist style..

the barbies of Angkor:

in the grip of nature:

1 comment:

  1. all of the photos look really nice, amazing places!
    and you look so tanned, Indiana Jones style, you go girl! although, maybe I should say Lara Croft style? ;-)
    have fun, stay safe and don't raid any tombs!

    ReplyDelete