Sunday, October 26, 2008

this sucks

well, I don't know WHAT I'm having but I'm definitely having something! I tried to ignore the flu like symptoms for some days at first, but now, added to the complete exhaustion, I had a major and sudden attack yesterday of what my brother, somewhat too affectionately, calls "Montezuma's revenge" ... no fun.
I did manage to change guesthouses however, without the help of the bored-to-rude personnel here. that means I pay more but I'm having a tv now (the smart girl plans ahead). among the 40-something channels most are thai (fair enough).there is one that seems to show movies about little pigs and blonde girls (the non-x-rated version) and a couple of news channels. my current project is therefore to compare BBC, Fox, CNN and AlJazeera's news reports.
It is painful my friends, for the sun is here, the beach, the palm trees, a coconut landed not-to-far from me on the beach (on more thing to be afraid of)... I do go, enjoy the scenery and feel like I'm the most boring person on the planet - no elephant-riding-diving-snorkeling-motorbiking adventures... (you know how I mean this: it's the carrot dangling in front of your eyes.. and if a carrot doesn't do it for you, feel free to pick another metaphor: the lady friend, the cordon bleue, the iPhone..)
yesterday, I knocked myself out with a US anti-flu medicine this helpful girl gave me (from alaska, against Pailin) and finally slept 12 hours. which is good. even though I'm usually in bed around 9pm (!) I then lie there and sweat and can't sleep. in the old guesthouse a gecko dropped from the ceiling into the bed, next to me (what's with all this stuff from above?) - in the new guesthouse there's a cat who appears to have taken a liking to my bungalow and quick-as-a-flash, she ate my home gecko. I wasn't so sure what to think of this. the tail continued to wiggle like crazy while she was chewing down the main part.
oh, and upon finishing great expectations, I realized that I've read it before! ok, guys, I'll go hunt some liquids and go back to bed, trying not to think. advice is welcome though.. love to you

1 comment: