Saturday, October 18, 2008

looking for the lingam

my joy about finding a German guidebook in the guesthouse was somewhat dampened when I discovered that their tour descriptions go somewhat like: at the northeast corner of the western Prasang you will find the remnants of a westbound gallery that used to connect the gopurams with the northern prasang to your left.
and now imagine me, who has problems with east and west anyway, hobbling among the ruins looking for gopurams, nagas, prasats and lingams...




another thing that I have learned: the jungle is NOISY! I wouldn't believe the racket these things make! secondly, everything is too big - that includes some good things, like butterflies, but mostly bugs, ants, grasshoppers, cockroaches, beetles, spiders that are plainly TOO BIG!




No comments:

Post a Comment