Monday, October 13, 2008

recommendations for driving in Lao

I know I talk about food a lot - hey, the entry (written for me, mind) in my highschool yearbook is mainly an elegy on how much I like chocolate.. - so here's something different> the rules for driving in Laos, as discernable by the untutored eye>:
- there are no fixed rules to lao driving (there is seriously no driving license. you have a motorbike or you don't). however, there are some recurring tendencies
- pick your favorite line and change frequently
- honk as often as possible. occasionally before curves, before overtaking someone, as a signal to passersby to hop on, to greet friends
- do your utmost to kill the engine. either turn of the engine to chat or leave it running during a break
- don't bother if the doors of your vehicle (i.e. a public bus) open randomly
- remember to remain inconsistent and random

No comments:

Post a Comment