Thursday, October 23, 2008

The Wild One - update

finally, me on a motorbike! I took the plunge - quite scary actually, and on a Cambodian bumpy road too. Visited "Killing Caves" and a temple with this guy who is "gonna be the next president of Cambodia", whom I'd met on the bus to Battambang (his family fled the Khmer Rouge to Canada).

the caves:
the Khmer Rouge, by way of killing, pushed people down in the cave



this is my hotel in battambang:

After the caves, we rode to a temple which carried 357 steps up to a nice view.


A pretty woman who said she was 25 and looked like a firm 19 and who was lovely and very taken with me and my nose in particular, offered to lead us to some hidden caves. These were awesome and really really scary: pitch black and cold, lots of rocks sticking out and dripping water everywhere.. we could only enter by squeezing and duck-walking through a tiny narrow and quite long passage way (kind of like a birthing channel..)The girl-woman kept a firm grip on me not only because she liked me but because I had skipped and fallen earlier on the steep way down to the caves (357 steps up...). I fell and scratched my leg quite spectacularly. even though I did my best to get the dirt out of the scratches and even bought pure alcohol for cleaning, now there's puss and everything (yes you wanted to know these details),and I carry the formidably looking thing like proud like anyone would who formely-played-the-Indian-not-the-stupid-cowboy ...

No comments:

Post a Comment