Saturday, October 4, 2008

beginner's fatigue

I must have offended the goddess of travelling and I don't quite know what to do about it.
to start at the beginning, I had a terrific day at the most beautiful waterfall, where you could swim against the stream and jump into the falls (which I didn't dare to be honest).





Despite the fact that there were some characters in our group - a big-bellied Canadian who took MANY pictures of me and another ample-busted French chick frollicking in the water and later just vanished. I tried to see this in a positive light, meaning that the generous curves are not entirely out of fashion, even in the countries of the skinny frame.


Then the bubbly French, me and an Australian (who seemed quite nice and looked like David Haselhoff but nevertheless pretty attractive to be honest) went to dinner. I could reasonably tolerate "Stephaneeyy" even though she managed to combine all that is arrogant in the English and the French language.
Things went a little downhill from there. I began to have a lot of pain at my foot and discovered some popped blisters and thus sat there fretting whether the waterfall-water will have infected the wound. Then I started to have premonitions about the Hoff. he seemed continuously dazed and confused and turned out to be an actor. alright. then he said that he is going to be baptized in the Middle east: "Jesus was baptized in Jordan, you know?" I didn't and before I could make up my mind whether I found this move pretty cool or slightly scary, he and Frenchie got into a major drama queen fight and he left abruptly, throwing his waterbottle and I was left half-heartedly pacifying an outraged French as-French-as-they-come.

At home in my room I saw a gigantic cockroach and I jumped. I didn't know that I could do that.
This morning I woke up with the traveller's disease. no fun. especially not when searching for an ATM at noon.
just watched the most beatiful sunset though (a lot more fun with reliable bowels, but hey...)

2 comments:

  1. hey Nike,its 6 o'clock in the morning and I just came back from a late late shift. I have finally finished reading your ENTIRE blog and am glad to see that you have personally mentioned my name twice. Don't worry about waffling, I like waffles in the morning!!

    Though, maybe I won't wait so long next time to catch up on your blog, I check it at least once every three days!!

    But have fun, your with the chinks now!! (Now you knowhow I felt for 25 years!!)

    Ian

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete