Wednesday, October 8, 2008

blues

my mood went from terrible to disastrous after the horrific night bus to Pakse. despite its proud price it was a disaster, mainly because I didn't know that I had to share the tiny sleeping bunk and got screeched at by the Show-Ticket!-lady. I had made a scene (me!) therefore she was sort of justified and I felt terrible about it. somehow I just lost it. ice-cold AC, the strong smell of some semi-perfume to wipe out a vomit odor, ear-shattering tv - presumably a treat - of lao music videos and a film. boom, lights off. boom, lights on. the noise drives me crazy. I just lost it and started to cry; and then these people who I had argued with before were so nice. mainly it's a communication problem. like, I hate hate hate these oversugared drinks and each time I order coffee I try to barter one with real milk and no sugar, and most of the times I get sugared cream with coffee flavor.
anyway, I arrived in pakse at 7.30, completely exhausted - the night before had been noisy too, because there is some sort of circus and festival happening in vientiene.
Modelling myself on the philosophy of the brit from our fab four group, I told myself what could be worse: it's not raining (it's stiflingly hot), nothing got stolen (my bug spray exploded and poured all over my journal and I had chewing gum in my sandals) and no-one puked anew (the road was comparatively unbumpy).
the thing is, I had planned to relax a bit here in the south of laos before crossing over into cambodia. Pakse, however, must be one of the most shitty towns on the planet. there is simply NOTHING going on here, but it's expensive, the people are comparatively unfriendly. so I overpayed for my guesthouse, my laundry, the food, and will leave asap.
the good part being, maybe, that this way i'll be forced to do just nothing today. NOTHING! oh, and these monk boys find me terrible intersting. it's surreal.

ps: of course, the internet connections are also shit. therefore, still no new pictures :(

No comments:

Post a Comment