Friday, October 3, 2008

people or: If I were a vegetable..


me trying the "Blue Steel" look




there is a German movie which my father likes to quote (accordingly I have forgotten the title) in which a guy is treated for a cycling-related disease. he is shown Rorschach test patterns and keeps seeing bicycles: this is a bicycle at the beach / this is two bicycles after an accident / this is the front of a bicycle with a puncture ... at the night market I met a guy who might be the original to the dude in the film. Which means, I ususally would not have talked to him (add to this some head-jerking habit, middle age and a scary wife). He thought Berlin was great for cycling (?) because of the hills (??) and then some, in German, which I didn't get but I nodded politely and that seemed to work...

Three English ladies who chose to switch from slow boat to 11-hour bus ride last minute. They did not seem to mind being quite out of their element - sunglasses and bikini straps in matching colors - among the solemn backpackers and the exhausted girlfriends, the steppenwolfs and the confused.
The English and Irish dudes found them annoying, the Canadian puppies and myself thought they were entertaining. I think I had like a five-minute-crush on one of them who, hallucinated the smell of potatoes in our (disgusting remember) dinner. She had me at "Honestly, if I were a vegetable, I'd be a potato!" and I fell in love when she added: "I know it's a lame choice but.."
What is this, British pub games? seriously, we need to play this!
So my dears, what vegetable would you be? An ecclectic or a tasty one, mundane or pretty?

No comments:

Post a Comment